Rice Lake Utilities
The Power of Local Ownership
Community Minded, Community Proud, Community Owned
Rice Lake Utilities lobby will re-open for in person transactions on Monday, May 18th. Safety precautions for customer safety as well as ours will be as follows:
• One customer inside building at a time
• If you see another customer in the lobby, please exit the area and wait outside or in your car until their transaction is complete
• One customer service window will be open
• Please use cashless and contactless transactions if possible
• Online payments options are at www.ricelakeutilities.com
• Do NOT enter the building if you are sick, please stay home
• No public restroom available
On March 22, 2020, Governor Evers exercised his authority under Wis. Stat. § 323.12(4)(d) and issued Emergency Order #11, temporarily suspending certain provisions of Wis. Admin. Code chs. PSC 113, 134, and 185 relating to service rules for electric, natural gas, and water public utilities. As detailed in the Emergency Order, the provisions of Wis. Admin. Code chs. PSC 113, 134, and 185, that are suspended:
- Authorize public utilities to waive late fees.
- Temporarily suspend disconnections, other than those needed for safety reasons.
- Enable customers who are unable to make a cash deposit to obtain residential service.
- Ensure that deferred payment agreements are available not only to residential customers but also commercial, farm, and industrial customers.
- Streamline the process for customers to apply for utility service.
The Emergency Order also expressly recognizes the authority of the Commission under Wis. Stat. §§ 196.02(1) and 196.70, and Wis. Admin. Code §§ PSC 113.01(2), PSC 134.01(2), and PSC 185.11(4) to issue orders, give special or individual consideration to exceptional and unusual circumstances, or adopt requirements as to individual utilities or services necessary to respond to the public health emergency. To that end, the Commission is initiating an investigation on its own motion in docket 5-UI-120 to ensure safe, reliable, and affordable utility service during the declared health emergency.