Rice Lake Utilities
Regular Full Time Hourly Water Operator
Posted July 12, 2021
Rice Lake Utilities is authorized to fill a Water Operator position. The posting shall be advertised internally within the City of Rice Lake for ten (10) calendar days and externally until Friday, August 6, 2021 at 2:00 pm.
This is a skilled position which requires various duties associated with installation, maintenance, repair and servicing of the water and wastewater infrastructure and/or facilities under the supervision of the Water Superintendent. Ideal candidates will possess the following:
· At least 2 years of experience working with a municipal water system.
· Wisconsin DNR certifications in groundwater and distribution or the ability to achieve within the first year of employment.
· Wisconsin CDL with appropriate endorsement or the ability to achieve within the first year of employment.
· Sound mechanical ability and computer knowledge desired.
· A degree in water/wastewater technology is preferred.
· Ability to work alone and within a team atmosphere.
It is the policy of the City to ensure equal employment opportunity for all employees and appointed representatives. This commitment includes a mandate to promote and afford equal treatment to all employees and City appointees. To assure equal employment opportunity based on ability and fitness to all persons regardless of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, marital status, age, or the present of any sensory, mental, or physical disability unless such disability effectively prevents the performance of duties required by the position and the City is unable to make a reasonable accommodation which would obviate the limitation created by the disability.
Base wage is dependent on qualifications with an excellent benefit package. Job description is available below or at the Rice Lake Utilities office located at 320 West Coleman Street, Rice Lake, WI 54868. For questions, contact Chad Paulson at 715-234-7004. To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, August 6, 2021 at 2:00 pm. Late applications will not be considered.